Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The current stabilty of the histacom
Ever since last year histacom has been through alot, developer roles changing, people making different builds of the games that aren't official, stupid arguments that never go anywhere, and here's the problem peoples roles keep changing all the time this has happened way to much, which leaves barely any development done, and it confuses a lot of people. What i don't understand is why can't we have just have a stable developer line if we did from the beginning, then none of these stupid agruments about who should be a developer and who shouldn't would have never happened.
If you don't take my advice then histacom will die and won't have even have a community.
There is nothing to write here.
I guess you are referring to Random, so I will help you understand why he was removed from the team.
He joined the team as the LEAD DEVELOPER to supercede me in the role for the Histacom Rewrite.
He was inactive for a number of months, leading me and Jakey to decide to remove him from the team.
If Random so wishes, he can join IRC, ping me and stick around so we can discuss re adding him to the team.
I'm not just talking about random, i'm talking to everyone in particular who has been the lead developer of the histacom rewrite.
(01-02-2016, 12:52 AM)Matthewism Wrote: I'm not just talking about random, i'm talking to everyone in particular who has been the lead developer of the histacom rewrite.

Which would be me and Random.
(02-02-2016, 07:19 PM)jamierocks Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 12:52 AM)Matthewism Wrote: I'm not just talking about random, i'm talking to everyone in particular who has been the lead developer of the histacom rewrite.

Which would be me and Random.

Exactly.
I fail to see what you are getting at?
Are you saying I shouldn't remove staff that have been inactive for months with the only contact saying they will soon be working on it.
(06-02-2016, 09:00 PM)jamierocks Wrote: I fail to see what you are getting at?
Are you saying I shouldn't remove staff that have been inactive for months with the only contact saying they will soon be working on it.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all I'm just pissed off at the fact you (Mainly) keep changing the roles of people, i understand why you changed the role of random but you keep doing this and it's getting really annoying, there is no point working on the project if you keep repetitively changing peoples roles, it won't get any progress done.
In my opinion the problem with the histacom developers is that they never ever show any progress, and it's not like you did either seriously your a complete hypocrite because you removed him because he was inactive, when you were the head developer we didn't know what was going on half of the time same with melon, i'm not saying any of you are the better developer I'm saying that both of you suck of having the role of a head developer if you don't show any progress, and don't get any work done.
(31-01-2016, 05:02 PM)Matthewism Wrote: Ever since last year histacom has been through alot, developer roles changing, people making different builds of the games that aren't official, stupid arguments that never go anywhere, and here's the problem peoples roles keep changing all the time this has happened way to much, which leaves barely any development done, and it confuses a lot of people. What i don't understand is why can't we have just have a stable developer line if we did from the beginning, then none of these stupid agruments about who should be a developer and who shouldn't would have never happened.
If you don't take my advice then histacom will die and won't have even have a community.

ok I understand Smile
Time for me to step in. Random was removed because of his inactivity as well as him saying there would be major developmental changes "going forward" to "stop the inactivity", which never happened. The reason why we can't have "a stable developer" is because people - you, me, Jamie, etc - have a life to live. I can't work on the Histacom Rewrite, due to my unfortunate disability. On Monday (or Wednesday), I will ask my Computer Technology teacher to see if he is interested in the project!
HISTACOM LEAD DEVELOPER
(18-02-2016, 11:31 AM)jakeypearce Wrote: Time for me to step in. Random was removed because of his inactivity as well as him saying there would be major developmental changes "going forward" to "stop the inactivity", which never happened. The reason why we can't have "a stable developer" is because people - you, me, Jamie, etc - have a life to live. I can't work on the Histacom Rewrite, due to my unfortunate disability. On Monday (or Wednesday), I will ask my Computer Technology teacher to see if he is interested in the project!

It's not because we have a life to live, its because there are to many people making decisions about the histacom development
but the reason why the developers are inactive is because we all have a life to live, i don't think that it's fair that random gets his development status removed because he was inactive, its really hypocritical please understand that when jamie was/is a developer he still didn't show any development being done neither did you on that matter, so why should random lose his development status?